Wednesday, February 20, 2013

DUB FX - This is just the best independent music artist ever !



Music.
Music is for the heart, by the heart and of the heart.

I type in this sentence as I listen to DUB FX - LOVE SOMEONE.
Music is something that connects with every human soul on this planet. We see everyday that technology progresses and with it music and the way it is played. Great musicians bring intrigue with the sounds they make.
I stumbled upon Dub FX today because my friend told me about it inspirational value. How one person can very well produce high quality 'awesome' music makes him a brilliant independent artist. He uses a recording mixing console with the help of foot pedals where he can sing/make beat noises into a mic and loop them into the console. By trying out various patterns of the music, he can compose his own background music as he goes about with the vocals/rap and so on. He also jams with other artists like Woodnote (saxophone player) and his fiance' Flower Fairy(Vocalist). Flower Fairy  also sells his cd's while he performs. What struck me was their originality in music. I am not a great fan of DUBSTEP but I am a fan of anything new music has to offer.  This artist has caught my attention and I would like the world to see and listen to DUB FX. His street shows are filmed by BEN DOWDEN

Dub FX (real name Benjamin Stanford) is a worldwide street performer and studio recording artist from St Kilda, Melbourne, Australia. After playing and singing in a band called Twitch, he set out solo when he moved to Europe. His trademark is creating rich live music using only his own performance aided by Live looping and effect pedals combined with his voice.He creates intricate hip hop, reggae and drum and bass rhythms. [WIKIPEDIA]

WIKI HIM - DUBFX

Another unrelated quote before I stop typing :

"Who are you and who am I
To say we know the reason why
Some are born some men die
Beneath one infinite sky
There'll be war there'll be peace
But everything one day will cease
All the iron turned to rust
All the proud men turned to dust
And so all things time will mend
So this song will end."

- Childhood's end (Obscured by the Clouds - Pink Foyd)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ashwyn
    It was an interesting read. I would definitely listen. Here is an unrelated quote by the renowned writer Milan Kundera...
    "What is unique about the "I" hides itself exactly in what is unimaginable about a person. All we are able to imagine is what makes everyone like everyone else, what people have in common. The individual "I" is what differs from the common stock, that is, what cannot be guessed at or calculated, what must be unveiled, uncovered, conquered."
    Bye
    Mohit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most inspiring ! The 'I' must be unearthed,and revealed to the 'I' itself ! And that may very well be the very purpose of existence ! To find 'I'.

      Delete